Our goal is to build a civil society in Białystok, the Podlaskie Voivodship and the whole of Poland; a civil society which:
- is based on respect for human rights and equality,
- is aware of how democracyworks and uses its tools,
- participates in cultureand creates it,
- prevents climate change,
- fosters independent communities based on mutual acceptance and support.
We want to build a safe and friendly world for everyone.
Our name ”9dwunastych” means a fraction composed of numbers 9 and 12. 9dwunastych Association was founded in 2009 as Stowarzyszenie na rzecz Kultury i Dialogu 9/12 (Association for Culture and Dialogue 9/12). It was established by a group of friends who studied Educational Sciences in classes 9 and 12. Starting the Association was a way to continue social, educational and cultural activities launched by the members and to stay in touch after graduation.
- KRS: 0000 339 150
- NIP: 9662012805
- REGON: 200307815
- ADDRESS: ul. Towarowa 6/59, 15-007 Białystok
- E-MAIL: email@example.com
SOCIAL DIVERSITY EDUCATION
- WORKSHOPS, TRAINING
The issue of social diversity and intercultural dialogue has been present in our activities from the beginning. Since 2010 we have been running anti-discrimination workshops for teenagers. Participants representing dominant groups (white, heterosexual, Catholic Poles) have a chance to experience what being in a minority is like, and participants who belong to minorities receive a message that who they are is ok, that they have the right to be proud of their identities and deserve equal treatment. 9dwunastych educates school and educational institution personnel as well as supports schools in creating safe environments and diversity appreciation. We also host diversity management workshops for firms and organizations.
- THE HUMAN LIBRARY
In 2019 we ran a Human Library for the first time. The Human Library is an educational, anti-discrimination method developed in Denmark in 2000 and now used by many organizations all over the world. At a Human Library event every “reader” can have a face-to-face conversation with a “book”: a person from a minority, a discriminated or stereotyped group. Such conversations challenge prejudice and contribute to social understanding.
- SUPPORT FOR OTHER GROUPS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Since 2018 we have been running a programme „In Diversity Strength!” where we involve local organizations in activities for human rights, respect for social diversity and intercultural dialogue. We provide them with content support by hosting educational workshops and financially by awarding them small grants. The programme facilitates networking among organizations which value and want to promote equality.
- GENDER EQUALITY
An important part of our work is promoting gender equality and counteracting gender-based violence. We engage women in decision processes, promote women’s achievements and celebrate herstory. We run “Wen Do” workskshops on assertiveness and self-defence for women and girls as well as educational workshops based on a gender equality board game.
- Youths are a very important group to us. We make sure they are present in our activities and address some projects to them exclusively. Our target group are youths living in Białystok and Podlaskie Voivodship who value equality, human rights and social diversity. We wish to be an organization where their views and identities are respected and appreciated. It is essential because now in Poland the promoted and politically supported model of raising children is one based on Catholicism and nationalism.
- Currently we are working with organizations from Germany, Romania, Great Britain and Norway. With organizations from Germany and Romania under a European programme Erasmus+ we are analysing the issues of migration, migrant integration and host communities, and the state of anti-discrimination education and integration support in our countries.
WE ARE IN NEED FOR FINANCIAL HELP
- Because of the political situation in Poland, our work is not supported in any way by local or national authorities. Due to ideological reasons, Polish authorities do not subsidize nor endorse activities which promote human rights and counteract discrimination on grounds of gender or sexual orientation. Some of the work we do is paid, we also raise funds among the public, we acquire some funds from the European Union and other foreign funds, but it is still too little to allow us to be truly effective, financially stable and independent.
DONATE OR SET A MONTHLY SENDING ORDER
- account name: BGŻ BNP PARIBAS
- account no. (IBAN): PL 37 2030 0045 1110 0000 0249 5540
- reference: Darowizna na cele statutowe
CREATE A FUNDRAISER ON FACEBOOK AND INSPIRE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME
HAVE OTHER IDEAS TO SUPPORT US?
- e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us: +48 535 912 008